Application Package (word)
Please be informed that we do not accept application through email or fax. Thank you.
1. All submitted documents WILL NOT BE RETURNED. Should you foresee the necessity of keeping a copy of the requirements for your own purpose, it should be done BEFORE submission of documents.
2. MEDICAL CERTIFICATE ON PRESCRIBED FORM - Medical check-up may be undertaken in ANY hospital or health institution, as long as the form is in conformity with that is shown in the guidelines. Please ask your doctor to fill in all the required data.
3. MAKE SURE THAT ALL YOUR PAPERS ARE COMPLETE BEFORE SUBMISSION. Application forms with incomplete requirements will not be considered. (We understand that some documents like diploma and transcript of records are hard to obtain; certified true copies issued by the University Registrar of the said documents will be accepted for the meantime)
4. To facilitate communication, please provide as much contact information as possible including mobile number, landline number and correct email address.
5. Due to the huge volume of applications received every year, we are unable to confirm receipt of documents from each applicant. We suggest you prepare a receiving copy, which can be signed by the Embassy staff who receives your document, or, for those delivered by courier (LBC, OCS, etc), please check with your courier service provider on how you can verify delivery/receipt of your documents. Inquiries on application status will not be entertained.
6. If you are in your final year in your studies (graduating students), you are required to obtain a letter from your university stating that you are expected to graduate and be awarded a degree before your departure to Japan. Likewise, for those in lower years (freshman, sophomore or junior years), you are required to obtain a letter from your university stating that you are currently enrolled and are expected to finish the current year of your studies.
7. Only short listed candidates will be contacted to take the exams and interview. The examinations and interviews will be held in Manila and possibly in Cebu.
8. Application Form Annex. Please provide the course (Field of Study) you wish to take up, the name of the Japanese University where you intend to do your research and the name of your contact professor. Application form annex with incomplete information will not be considered.
9. If you were successful at the preliminary screening (after passing the exam and interview), you are required to find an academic adviser in a Japanese university. You may send copies of your research proposal, and your academic record to the prospective adviser in a Japanese university and ask for acceptance into that university. (Guidelines 5.5 and 5.6 SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION)
10. Past example exams are available at: http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0308e.html
11. All required documents MUST BE PLACED INSIDE A SINGLE ENVELOPE OR FILE FOLDER. Do NOT use fasteners, slide folders, etc.
12. Required documents MUST be arranged in the order as shown in the “7. APPLICATION PROCEDURE” section of the scholarship guidelines.
Please mail or hand-deliver your application package to the following address on or before May 29, 2013 (Wednesday). Late applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
|Attn: 2014 MEXT Scholarship for Research Students
Japan Information and Culture Center
Embassy of Japan
2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City 1300