1. His Excellency Mr. Benigno S. Aquino III, President of the Republic of the Philippines will pay an Official Working Visit to Japan from Sunday, September 25 to Wednesday, September 28.
2. During his stay in Japan, the President will make a State Call on His Majesty the Emperor of Japan, and His Majesty the Emperor will host a Court Luncheon in honor of President Aquino.
3. Mr. Yoshihiko Noda, Prime Minister of Japan will hold a meeting with the President.
4. President Aquino will visit Ishinomaki City in Miyagi Prefecture, which is affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake.
5. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President, which will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Republic of the Philippines.
* The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.
* For inquiries, please contact the Second Southeast Asia Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Tel. 5501-8000 (ext. 5475).
Provisional Itinerary of H.E. President Benigno Aquino III Official Visit to Japan