1. On March 27, Mr. Fumio Kishida, Minister for Foreign Affairs, who serves as the Chairman of the Eighth International MANGA Award Executive Committee, announced the Award’s entry acceptance schedule.
2. The application period is fromTuesday, April 15, to Saturday, May 31. Applications should be sent to each of Japan’s diplomatic missions abroad (excluding permanent missions) or the post office box of the Eighth International MANGA Award directly. Below are the addresses:
Japan Information and Culture Center
P.O. Box 414, Pasay Central Post Office
Embassy of Japan in the Philippines
2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
The Eighth International MANGA Award Executive Committee
P.O.Box MBE 310
MOF Kandaiwamoto-cho Building 1F, Iwamoto-cho 3-8-16 Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0032, JAPAN
3. The International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then-Minister for Foreign Affairs Mr. Taro Aso with the aim of awarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas. It has been held every year since its establishment. This year as well, the Eighth International MANGA Award Executive Committee decided to hold the Eighth International MANGA Award.
4. The best MANGA from among all of the submitted works will be awarded the Gold Award. The next three best MANGA shall receive the Silver Award. Recipients will be invited to Japan by the Japan Foundation to attend the award ceremony. During the stay in Japan, they will also have exchanges of opinions with Japanese MANGA creators and to visit publishing companies and other places.
5. Works to be submitted should have been produced within 2011 and 2014, and TWO COPIES must be submitted.
6. For more information, please visit: http://www.manga-award.jp/en/award_8th.html
7. For the complete guidelines and mechanics, please visit:
8. For the application form, please visit: http://www.mofa.go.jp/files/000034551.pdf