A. WHAT IS “VISA FOR MEDICAL STAY”?
"Visa for Medical Stay" is a visa issued to foreign patients wishing to visit Japan for medical purposes (including full medical check-ups). The visa is issued to their accompanying person(s) as well if necessary and as needed.
All documents must be original unless otherwise stated.
1. Philippines Passport
- Broken lamination of the photo part is not accepted. Must have signature and have at least two (2) blank pages.
2. Visa Application Form
- Also available at the entrance of Embassy or through accredited agency.
- Specs: 4.5cm x 4.5cm with white background.
- Photo must be pasted on the application form.
4. Birth Certificate of applicant
- If Birth Certificate from NSO is unreadable, you must submit Birth certificate from Local Civil Registrar.
- If Birth Certificate (NSO) is "Late Registration", you must submit Baptismal Certificate, School Record (From 137) and School Yearbook (If applicable).
- If there is no record in NSO, in addition to "Certificate of Non-Record" from NSO Headquarter, you must submit Birth certificate from Local Civil Registrar.
5. Marriage Contract (if the applicant is married)
- If there is no record in NSO, in addition to "Certificate of Non Marriage Record (CENOMAR)" from NSO Headquarter, you must submit Marriage Contract from Local Civil Registrar.
- 4 and 5 must be from NSO Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide) issued within one (1) year.)
EXEMPTION OF BIRTH CERTIFICATES & MARRIAGE CONTRACT
If the applicant is has his/her passport (old or valid) with a used Japanese visa
6. Certificate from a medical institution about the planned medical services and references from a guarantor
- Please check website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs “For those who would like to apply for the “Visa for Medical Stay” ”for more information.
8.Income Tax Return (Form 2316) (original and photocopy)
9.Certificate of Eligibility (original and photocopy)
- When the foreign patient needs to stay longer than 90 days to be hospitalized and receive medical services.
10.Medical Treatment Plan
- When the foreign patient needs to make multiple visits to Japan to receive treatment.
C. FILING APPLICATION
Application should be filed through accredited agencies. (Please see our website for the list of Agents or get one from FAX service (81-3-5501-8490) by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo, or get one from visa gate of the Embassy.)
※ The applicant may be required to appear in person for interview etc.
D. NOTICE FOR REQUIREMENTS
- Documents submitted for application will not be returned.
- Please indicate complete address and landline number (if applicable) of the church in the baptismal certificate, and of the school in school record.
- Applicants are given three (3) months to submit additional requirements. Otherwise application will be terminated.
E. OTHER NOTICE
- If the requirements are not completed, we do not accept the application.
- Normally, it takes 5 working days (1 week) to process a visa application. It is recommended to file the application earlier.
- When visa is not granted, the reasons of denial will not be disclosed. Applicants may apply again after six (6) month with the same purpose, unless there are emergency / humanitarian reasons or application for different purpose.
- Applicants can get information from accredited agencies when his/her application is pending.
F. FOR INQUIRIES
(+ 63-2) 834-7508
(+ 63-32) 231-7321 / 7322
(+ 63-82 ) 221-3100 / 3200