1. The Embassy of Japan is pleased to announce that entries are now open for the 11th Japan International MANGA Award.
2. To join, interested participants must submit a completed ENTRY FORM and TWO (2) NON-RETURNABLE HARD COPIES of their own MANGA work composed of more than 16 pages. Kindly include page numbers on every page of the printed material. Also, an English or Japanese translation must be provided if the MANGA is written in the artist’s local language.
3. Note that only one work per applicant and only entries produced within the last three years (2014-2017) will be accepted. Both published and unpublished works may be submitted.
4. Entries will be accepted until Friday, June 30, 2017. Please mail your applications to either of the following addresses:
|Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC)
Embassy of Japan in the Philippines
P.O. Box 414, Pasay Central Post Office
2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
*Applicants may also submit their entries in-person at the JICC Library.
|The Eleventh Japan International MANGA Award Executive Committee
B1F Yuraku-cho bldg.
1-10-1 Yuraku-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
5. The Eleventh Japan International MANGA Award Evaluation Committee will be responsible for the selection procedures.
6. The Gold Award of the Eleventh Japan International MANGA Award will be given to the best MANGA work and the Silver Award to three other excellent works. Gold and Silver Award winners will be invited to Japan for an awarding ceremony, which will be held around February 2018.
About the Contest
The Japan International MANGA Award was introduced in May 2007 upon the initiative of then Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Taro Aso. The objectives of the Award are (1) to reward MANGA creators for their contributions toward spreading MANGA and Japanese culture overseas and (2) to further promote international cultural exchanges through MANGA art. The Award has been held annually since its launch.
For specific contest rules and other information, visit the Japan International MANGA Award official site at http://www.manga-award.mofa.go.jp/index_e.html.