1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Japan Foundation is now accepting entries for the Tenth International MANGA Award.
2. Entries will be accepted until Thursday, 30 June 2016. Applications should be mailed to either of the following addresses:
Japan Information and Culture Center
P.O. Box 414, Pasay Central Post Office
Embassy of Japan in the Philippines
2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
The Tenth International MANGA Award Executive Committee
P.O.Box MBE 108
B1F Yuraku-cho Bldg.
1-10-1 Yuraku-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo,
JAPAN Postcode: 100-0006
3. The International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then-Minister for Foreign Affairs Mr. Taro Aso with the aim of awarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas and international cultural exchange through MANGA. The award has been held every year since its establishment.
4. The best MANGA among the submitted works will be awarded the Gold Award. The next three best MANGA shall receive the Silver Award. Recipients will be invited to Japan by the Japan Foundation to attend the award ceremony. During their stay in Japan (generally for 10 days), they will also exchange ideas with Japanese MANGA creators, visit publishing companies and make excursion to local sites.
5. Only works produced within 2013 and 2016 will be accepted, and TWO (2) COPIES must be submitted with their English translation if written in the local language.
Application Form: http://www.manga-award.jp/albm/20160328155929.docx
For more information, please refer to the website and social media page of the Tenth International MANGA Award:
– End –