Specialized Training Scholarship
Applications for this category are currently CLOSED.
NOTE: Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
Your ability to follow the guidelines and instructions is the first step of the screening process.
|1. All submitted documents WILL NOT BE RETURNED. Should you foresee the necessity of keeping a copy of the requirements for your own purpose, it should be done BEFORE submitting your documents.
2. For the set of original documents, only originals or certified true copies of the Academic Transcript of Records and Certificates of graduation of school/university may be submitted. Notarized documents will also be accepted. Please ensure that information on certified documents can be clearly read. Furthermore, if the document is in a language other than English or Japanese, please provide a translation from the school/university.
3. MEDICAL CERTIFICATE ON PRESCRIBED FORM - Medical check-up may be undertaken in ANY hospital or health institution, as long as the form is in conformity with what is shown in the guidelines. Please ask the doctor to fill in all the required data. As much as possible, please ask the physician to sign the form with their wet signature. If the hospital or health institution cannot provide a physically-signed form, the digital or scanned copy must be notarized or certified.
4. Applicants MUST submit a certificate of language proficiency. A certificate indicating “English is the medium of instruction” issued by the school or university most recently attended by the applicant is also acceptable.
5. RECOMMENDATION LETTER: Letters with the wet signature of the recommender are most appreciated. If it is not possible for the recommender to physically sign the letter, the applicant may submit a notarized copy of the recommendation letter with an e-signature. Physically signed letters must be placed in sealed letter envelopes.
6. Please follow the number of copies for each document stated in the guidelines. For example, if the list asks for 1 original and 1 copy and the applicant is unable to give the original, 2 copies (1 certified true copy and 1 photocopy) of the document must be submitted. Only those with complete application documents will be assessed for the document screening.
7. Due to the huge volume of applications received every year, we are unable to confirm receipt of documents from each applicant. Please check with your courier service provider on how you can verify delivery/receipt of your documents. Inquiries on application status will not be entertained.
8. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to take the exams and interview. In accordance with MEXT regulations, candidates will have to take the exam in person at the Japanese Embassy in Pasay City. The interview may be conducted online or in person at the Embassy of Japan.
9. Number the documents in the right upper corner according to their number on the list, and remove all staple wires from documents. As much as possible, place all your documents in a single envelope or folder arranged according to the list. For easier checking of documents, please use paper clips or binder clips to divide documents per set. (One set consists of one original or copy of all documents listed in the guidelines. Separate the originals and the copies and arrange by number.)
10. Please mail your application package to the following address on or before the indicated deadline date below. Late applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Attn: MEXT Scholarship Program (SPECIALIZED TRAINING COLLEGE CATEGORY)
Japan Information and Culture Center
Embassy of Japan
2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City 1300
In case the courier service asks for a specific point of contact, please show them this specific instruction. The Embassy is able to receive packages as long as the address is written correctly, like the one shown above.
For documents to be sent using a same-day courier service, the JICC will receive documents only on weekdays (except holidays) from 8:30am to 12:30pm, and 1:30pm to 4:45pm. The Embassy reserves the right to decline documents that arrive beyond the stated deadline and timeframe.
For documents to be sent using a later-date courier service (e.g. LBC, JR Express), the JICC will accept documents that were marked as sent on or before May 31, 2022.
|Deadline||May 31, 2022 (Tuesday)|
|Exam and Interview Date||TBA|
|Qualifications||●Applicants must be born between on or after April 2, 1998.
●Applicants must have graduated from high school by March of the year of departure.
●Applicants must learn and receive instruction in the Japanese language.
Disclaimer: The application process for the 2023 Japanese Government (Monbukagskusho) Scholarship Program is subject to change under unavoidable circumstances.