Did you know that for more than 60 years, the Japanese Government has received Filipinos, among other nationals from all over the world, to study in Japan? For the past several years, an annual average of 100 scholars from the Philippines have been sent to study in Japan under six different scholarship programs presented below.
Applications are processed through the Japan Information and Culture Center, Embassy of Japan.
Japanese Government Application Schedule and Process
★Schedule for LAST YEAR: Please note that the timetable for this year differs to previous years★
Sample Exams :
★Applications for the 2021 Teacher Training and Japanese Studies categories under the Japanese Government Scholarship Program are NOW OPEN.★
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for the next step of the selection process.
- The screening committee takes into consideration the applicants’ ability to follow the guidelines and instructions. Please read the guidelines carefully.
- All documents stated in the guidelines MUST be submitted together with the application form printed in A4 size paper, placed inside a brown/transparent envelope. Please do not use clear book.
- All application materials required for this program are due on February 5, 2021 (Friday) and must be submitted via courier (LBC, Grab Express, Lalamove, etc) to:
MEXT Scholarship Program
Japan Information and Culture Center
Embassy of Japan in the Philippines
2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City 1300
*For more information, please choose and click the category you are applying with.
* Due to the huge volume of applications we received, we are unable to confirm receipt of documents from each applicant. Please check with your courier service provider on how you can verify delivery/receipt of your documents. Inquiries on application status will not be entertained.
* Disclaimer: The application process for the 2021 Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program is subject to change under unavoidable circumstances. Due to the COVID-19 and other factors, it may not be possible to conduct the recruitment and selection according to the originally announced schedule. The application process may be suspended or cancelled.
●There will be a free face-to-face and phone consultation on JANUARY 25, 2021 (MONDAY). Please refer to the following link for details: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1724449407732299&id=603327926511125
Past exams can be viewed here.