Call for Application: Accredited Agencies for Japanese Visa Application
Currently, the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines receives Japanese visa applications only through travel agencies accredited by the Embassy (except special cases such as diplomatic or official visas).
Today, the Embassy is pleased to announce that it will receive application from travel agencies that with to become an accredited agency for Japanese visas.
If your agency is interested in applying, please carefully read the following and submit a signed application with necessary documents to the Visa Desk in the Consular Section of the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines on or before September 27, 2019.
The accreditation as accredited agencies for Japanese visa application will be reviewed every two years.
I. Matters to be considered in the selection process
1. The numbers of the accredited agencies for Japanese visas will be limited so that the scheme will be properly managed. In the selection process, the Embassy will consider mainly the following:
(1) Whether the agency will be able to conduct work appropriately as accredited agency; and
(2) How many foreign tourists to Japan the agent will be able to serve.
2. More specifically, the applying agency is usually expected to show the following. In the selection process, the Embassy may request the agency to submit additional documents other than those specified in Part II below when necessary.
(1) It is an accredited travel agency of the Department of Tourism of the Republic of the Philippines;
(2) It is accredited by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) or it is a member of the Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCP) in the Philippines;
(3) It has continued operation as a travel agency for more than three (3) years;
(4) It is a registered organization in the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Republic of the Philippines;
(5) It has a head office or branch office in the Philippines;
(6) It can bring documents to the Embassy of the Philippines (located in Metro Manila) and receive documents from it promptly, and can attend meetings held at the Embassy;
(7) It can properly protect personal information and confidential information related to the work;
(8) It will clearly post the handling fee to be collected from visa applicants;
(9) It will undertake inspection of the Embassy as instructed by the Embassy;
(10) It will abide by the rules and instructions set by the Embassy with regard to the handling of Japanese visa applications; and
(11) It will agree to accept disciplinary measures, in case of violation of law or rules or other inappropriate deeds on its part, whether intentionally or negligently, as set in the rules set by the Embassy.
II. Documents needed for Application
1. Application Form (“Application for Accredited Agency for Japanese Visa Application”) (Word) (PDF);
2. Clear copy of registration of the company with the Department of Tourism;
3. Clear copy of certificate of accreditation issued by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) or registration of the Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI) in the Philippines;
4. Clear copy of registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Republic of the Philippines;
5. Documents to show soundness of the agent (e.g. clear copies of latest audited financial statements, ITR (income tax revenue) document, bank statement, etc.);
6. Documents to show that the agent is expected to serve many foreign tourists visiting Japan (“Past Records of Tours to Japan”, “List of Affiliated Travel Agencies in Japan”), etc.
7. List of Employees to handle Japanese visa applications;
8. Documents to show that the agent will be able to protect personal/confidential information
(Clear copy of registration with National Privacy Commission, inment, internal guidelines, etc.)
9. List of handling charges for visa (including planned handling fees for the work if accredited);
10. “Written Pledge”
For inquiries, please contact the Visa Desk in the Consular Section in the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines at firstname.lastname@example.org